Thursday, September 13, 2007

Culinate, Epicurious - it's been a good week so far

"Everybody eats. At Culinate, we invite people to reconsider the table: not just what goes on it, but what goes on around it. Food, after all, is the stuff of life."

Culinate is an American food site, launched in 2007. Few weeks ago I received an email from Liz Crain, one of Culinate columnists, who wondered if I'd be willing to be interviewed for her column. I knew that some of my virtual blog friends and heros had been interviewed already - Matt, Lara, Joey and Stephen. Joining their ranks would be an utmost honour, so of course I said yes. It took a few emails back and forth between Oregon and Estonia (and Scotland), and as of today you can read the little interview, Food for the taking: An Estonian blogger forages the forests and the fields, here.

And my little blog was also mentioned on the mother of all food sites, Epicurious, this week. Epicurious launched EpiLog earlier this year, where staff contributors share the latest "food news and views from all over". On Monday one of its guest contributors, Amy Sherman of the Cooking with Amy, fame wrote a piece of the life of Daring Bakers, and credited Nami-nami for sharing both my successes and failures. I knew it was a good idea - and a fair thing to do - to post a picture of my burnt recipe notes, but I never expected this to be a ticket for appearing on Epicurious :)

Thank you, Liz & Amy, for your posts!

PS I've already got some exciting news in store for next week, so stay tuned :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Pille! Keep on blogging!!

Ilva said...

Great news, I'm so happy for you, Pille! It's time for you to conquer the world!

K and S said...

Very good news indeed, well deserved too! Congratulations! (as we say in Japanese "Omedetoo")

Anonymous said...

Such great news ! Congratulations. I'm off to read your Culinate interview now.

Alanna Kellogg said...

Lovely, lovely ... and well deserved for sure, Pille!!

Simona Carini said...

Congratulations! I just read the interview on Culinate: very nice.

Dagmar said...

Congratulations Pille! I really liked the interview!

lobstersquad said...

that burnt picture was quite something, but I´m sure you´d have got a mention anyway. congrats!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

But the tart was the thing of beauty! The burned notes just made it fun.
That is really terrific!

Katie Zeller said...

How wonderful, Congratulations!

ScienceMel said...

Congrats on your achievement and Epi mention. That's fantastic!

Kevin Kossowan said...

Congrats on the mention in Epicurious!

Pille said...

Thank you, everybody! I'm very excited about the Culinate and EpiBlog mentions, too :)