Sunday, September 20, 2009

The new LONELY PLANET guide to Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania


If you're travelling to Estonia, Latvia and/or Lithuania any time soon, then I can recommend the 2009 edition of the famous Lonely Planet guide. Carolyn Bain, the coordinating author of the book, has thoroughly revised the current edition - 5th already! And as an extra bonus, you can read an interview with yours truly on pages 60-61, where I share some tips re: Estonian food in general, best places to eat out in Tallinn, what to eat when visiting and what to bring back home to your friends and family. :)

You can order a copy of the book either from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk or directly from the Lonely Planet website.

Read also my recommendations for eating out in Tallinn in 2009 here.

8 comments:

la pianista said...

Thank you so much for this! my youngest son is leaving for the Baltic States in January 2010 for 2 years. It's so far from home, but somehow, this makes it seem nearer! By the way, I made your Crab Apple Cake from Paradise the other day. Very nice indeed---and thanks for sharing!

Pene said...

Did you recommend Tartu as a great place to visit?

Ximena said...

Congrats! That´s so cool about the guide. I´ll have a look at it when I next see it.

ptasia said...

Great there's a new edition, 'cause I wasn't so hot on the previous one (2007, if I remember correctly - the year I went to the Baltic States). Actually, Estonia was quite well covered (btw, I loved Saaremaa), but information on the Kolka area in Latvia was completely unreliable (I had serious doubts if the author had actually been there).

Katrina said...

great news! and well done, Pille;) I'm actually quite excited about reading the real insider tips..

Anonymous said...

Glad to know about this. I'm leaving for Lithuania in the next few weeks. I'm pretty familiar with it, and generally visiting family, but it's good to get a different perspective on it. not sure that I'll get to Estonia, this time, but always enjoy reading your blog.

Still like the inyourpocket series, also.

Nic Hartmann said...

I bought the newest guide this summer, and it is definitely an improvement on the last one, so thanks, Pille!

bathmate said...

wow nice article


Bathmate