Monday, November 29, 2010

Lavash crackers

Lavash cracker / Lavašikrõps

Lavash crackers are such an easy snack to make - all you need is a thin lavash bread and some toppings. Grated cheese is a popular choice, but various "sprinklers" work as well. I used a mix of seeds - and as you can see from the photo, also with tiny pieces of sun-dried tomatoes. I've stopped using the latter, as they burn easily and don't stick have as easily.

Lavash crackers
(Lavašikrõpsud)
Serves a small crowd

thin lavash
mayonnaise
sea salt flakes
white sesame seeds
nigella seeds
paprika powder

Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the lavash, sprinkle with seeds, salt flakes and paprika powder. Using your kitchen scissors, cut the lavash into bite-sized pieces.
Place on a large baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated 200 C/400 F oven until the lavash pieces are crisp and golden on edges. Keep an eye on the crackers, as they can burn easily!

3 comments:

Tania Asnes said...

These look lovely. I was perusing your blog in the hopes of some help, actually... I am hosting an intimate birthday dinner for my Finnish friend, and she doesn't like sweets. I was hoping to find a recipe for a licorice dessert, like a licorice cake, because she adores Salmiakki. Might you have any ideas? Thank you!

Pille said...

Tania, that's a tricky question, as I don't eat salmiakki myself. But I'll look around :)

said...

Proovisin ka, suurepärane kiire snäkk. Kasutasin käepärast olnud paprikapulbrit ja pitsamaitseainet.