Friday, October 20, 2006

A royal dinner


Photo courtesy of Postimees

Remember when the President of Estonia came to Edinburgh to have tea with the Queen and then enjoyed a drink in a pub with local Estonians? Well, since then Estonia has got a new president and I have moved back home. I'm slowly settling into my new life, new house and new kitchen. But first I'm sharing some royal news with you. Yesterday the Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip arrived in Estonia, where they visited the official residence of the President (Kadriorg palace), our new art gallery (KUMU), and then attended an official dinner at Mustpeade Maja. This very moment the royal family should be meeting and greeting people at Raekoja plats, before returning to the UK later this afternoon. I even got a glimpse of the royal family yesterday, as the royal cortege passed me when I was walking to my office (to be really honest, I only saw Prince Philip, as HRH must have been sitting on the other side of the car:)

I thought I'd share the menu with you. The rumour has it that the meal was prepared by Tõnis Siigur, Chef of Stenhus - a truly enchanted restaurant that I had a pleasure to visit in July.

Estonian feast
Green salad with Estonian porcini/cep mushrooms and Gruyére cheese
Roasted filet of Saaremaa lamb with roasted peppers
Chocolate cake with Nougatini dressing and citrus fruits
Coffee & tea

Wines & champagne
2003 Pouilly-Fumé les Charmes Chatelain AC, Loire, France
2000 Château Cassagne Haut-Canon la Truffière AC, Bordeaux, France
1992 Põltsamaa Kuldne, Estonia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tänane The Times oli hr Ilvese suhtes üsna mürgine.

Anonymous said...

Tere tulemast Pille!
Loodan peatselt kohtuda, aga Kadriorust siis infot niipalju, et KUMU ei ole suutnud 10 kuud kodulehekülge teha, seniks võiks kasutada viidet www.ekm.ee/kumu. Siin on üleval isuäratav Inglise loodusfotode näitus...

Alanna Kellogg said...

Oh! They must've heard you are home!

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope the move went well and you are all settled into your new kitchen. I must admit to having to google Estonia to workout where you are - it is a million miles from us in the South Pacific!

Pille said...

Ülle - lugesin ka seda Times'i artiklit ja minu arust oli see pigem humoorikas-irooniline kui salvavalt mürgine?

Kadri (T? A?) - miks see Kumul nii kaua aega võtab? Eesti ju suur internetiriik ja puha? Ei saa aru..

Alanna - don't think so - I didn't get an invite:)

Dagmar - indeed.

Tim - the move went smoothly and I'm really enjoying my new life. So far, so good:)