Saturday, February 16, 2008

Time for skiing



In less than an hour K. and I will be heading to the airport, fly to Salzburg and then drive to St Anton skiing resort (just like we did in Italy this time last year). I do hope to eat lots of Kaiserschmarrn pancakes and other Austrian delicacies that Johanna and Angelika have been telling us about. (The Kaiserschmarrn pancakes above were made by K. for a Sunday breakfast recently, and they were absolutely wonderful).

When I come back next weekend, I'll tell you all about the 5-page spread of a certain Beetroot Princess that appeared in the biggest-selling food magazine in Estonia, Oma Maitse, this month (and share a recipe for that gorgeous beetroot houmus below, of course), the redesign and relaunch of my Estonian recipe site, K's burgeoning career as a restaurant critic, my forthcoming (culinary) trips to Spain and the United States this Spring, and much more.



Stay tuned and hope to see you soon!

Armsad Eesti lugejad - kui kedagi Nami-nami blogi ja retseptikogu telgitagused huvitavad, siis soovitan soojalt lugeda veebruarikuu Oma Maitset, kus Katrin Kurss sellest kirjutab. Ja kindlasti külastage eestikeelset Nami-nami retseptikogu, mis asub nüüd uuel aadressil: http://nami-nami.ee. Loodan väga, et te foorumis aktiivset kõiksugu kokandusega ja söömisega seotud teemadel sõna võtate!

15 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Oh I love Austria and Austrian food. And Kaiserschmarrn is awesome. Pille I hope you and K. have a great time on the slopes.

Kristopher said...

That's great.

While in Ötztalen, found nothing better than a germknödel after a couple hours of skiing. Something about the povidl it's stuffed with took me way back...

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Fantastic and safe travel to you!

K and S said...

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Hope you and K. have a great time in Austria!

Anonymous said...

Kaiserschmarrn is yummy (though I've never managed a whole portion on my own, I always share with M.), and so is Apfelstrudel, and Topfenstrudel, and Germknodel, and Mohntorte, and... I love Austrian cakes and pastries! Lucky I'm going skiing there next week - also in Salzburgerland, in Bad Hofgastein. Hope you have a great time there!

Dagmar said...

Have a wonderful travel!

Leslie said...

That all sounds very exciting, especially beetroot hummus!

I'm a new reader (I found your blog through Simply Recipes) - an American living in Russia who has traveled to Estonia a few times (I spent a long weekend in Tartu in November, and it was SO hard to come back to Russia after lovely Estonia) - and I love your blog. I especially love reading about your Estonian recipes! So, thank you for the great blog and happy travels!

Cerebrum said...

My goodness woman! So many things planned! So many things to keep up with! Can't wait to hear about it all, but first, have a great couple o' days skiing!

Anonymous said...

St Anton is great! I spent 3 seasons there cooking for English Tourists. Be sure to toboggan to the Rodel hut if it's still there and try the Schwein axe. Definitely not for vegetarians.

Anonymous said...

Have fun and enjoy the Austrian yummies! :)

Sounds like a lot of exciting things coming up and I can't wait to hear about them all :)

The photo of the beetroot hummus is brilliant! Gorgeous color!

S.V. Bristol Rose said...

Travel and regional foods - perfect! I'm looking forward to hearing more. All the best for perfect skiing too!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays. Looking forward to your travel tales.

Eva P. said...

Tere tulemast tagasi! :)
Loodetavasti läks reis kenasti korda.

Jeanne said...

Mmmm, Kaiserschmarrn! The only place I ever have it is every year at Oktoberfest in Munich - ironic, considering how much time I spend in Johanna's kitchen ;-) It is delicious though...