Sunday, December 07, 2008

Sunday morning pancakes




I've mentioned before that every weekend we have pancakes for breakfast. I'm no good in making them, so I stay in bed until K. calls me to table. Here's a lovely photo of last weekend's pancakes - small and chubby farmers' cheese pancakes that we enjoyed with home-made lingonberry and pear jam (lingonberries were picked by K's mum, pears are from my parents' backyard and the jam was made by me). That's family cooperation, isn't it :)

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

Eva P. said...

Armsad pannkoogid!

Dagmar said...

They look absolutely delicious!

Missy said...

I read your blog all the time, it is so great! As an American living in Finland, it is nice to try out foreign recipes.

Anonymous said...

These look just like what my grandma used to make (oladushki/oladyi in Russian). I don't know her recipe for them, but your look absolutely scrumptious. :) We also eat her oladyi with jam. I wonder if that's generally a European thing.
Anna

Anonymous said...

They sound similar to a recipe I use for ricotta pancakes. What sort of cheese do you use? I make mine bigger too, but yours (K's) are so cute.

Jeanne said...

OK, that's it, I'm sending Nick over for pancake-making classes!! And just look at the colour of that jam!