Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nami-Nami turns four and celebrates the anniversary with Kama Muffins Recipe

Kama muffins / Kamamuffinid kohupiimaga

Nami-Nami food blog turned four this week. That's been four great years of reading about and eating and enjoying and writing about delicious food, and four years of meeting numerous inspiring fellow food bloggers from all over the world. Just imagine - had I not come across Melissa's food blog in June 2005, I would not have started my own. And if I hadn't started my own food blog, then I wouldn't have met Johanna (in England & Scotland), Andrew (in England), Jeanne (in England), Ximena (in Spain and in Estonia), Dagmar (Estonia), Anne (in Estonia), Kristina (in Estonia), Alanna (in St Louis, USA), Paz (in New York), Antti (in Finland and in Estonia), Melissa (in Scotland), Keiko (in England), Chloe (in Greece), Nupur (in St Louis, USA), Zarah Maria (in Denmark), Amy (in England), Blake (in New York last summer and in Estonia just last week), Klary and many others in person over these four years. And that would have been a real pity. I mean it..

Thank you all for reading Nami-Nami over the last four years. And the celebratory recipe? Kama muffins with dried cranberries and curd cheese. You cannot get more Estonian than that :)

What's KAMA??? Read more here.
Kama Muffins
(
Kamamuffinid kohupiima ja jõhvikatega)
Makes 12



2 large eggs
100 g caster sugar
100 g butter, melted
60 g plain/all purpose flour (100 ml)
50 g kama flour (100 ml)
1 tsp baking powder
50 g dried cranberries (craisins; just under half a cup)
25 g roasted coarsely chopped hazenlnuts (3 Tbsp)
175 g curd cheese or ricotta

Whisk eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Stir in the cooled melted butter.
In a small bowl mix flour, kama and baking powder, then add to the egg mixture together with hazenlnuts, cranberries and ricotta/curd cheese. Stir gently, until ingredients come just together.
Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
Bake in a preheated 200 C/400 F oven for about 15-18 minutes, until the muffins are cooked through.

22 comments:

Gracianne said...

Bon anniversaire Nami-Nami, merci pour toutes ces bonnes recettes et ces voyages depuis 4 ans!
Many happy returns.

David Stock said...

Happy anniversary to Nami-Nami! I'll try to make these muffins for my wife as a surprise, I hope I succeed.

Anh said...

Happy anniversary. You have done awesome work with this blog. keep it up! :x

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I have been following your blog for quite some time but never left a comment.
I must now and wish you a very happy blog anniversary. Looking forward to the fifth one. :)

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Happy blog anniversary, Pille. I've loved learning about Estonian food through your recipes and stories here.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Happy blog birthday, Pille!

Nupur said...

Happy Birthday to Nami-Nami!!

Congratulations, Pille, on this sweet blog that I so enjoy reading. It has been fun learning about Estonian food.

It was great meeting you in St. Louis last year and I sure hope you will visit again :)

ChichaJo said...

Happy blog anniversary Pille! So happy to have stumbled on your blog way back when...hope we can actually meet someday! :)

ALHC said...

Congratulations on turning 4! I have been enjoying your blog for about a year now, it's beautiful! Aimee in Vermont (USA)

Tuija said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary!

I've been reading your blog for a while but never commented yet, even though I've tried some of your recipes and loved them. Kama muffins sound great, too - will have to try them soon (I even have proper Estonian kama flour). Thanks for all the inspiring ideas here, as well as on the Estonian recipe site!

Cat Lady said...

Happy Birthday Nami Nami - your muffins look amazing and what a great photo! Emma

Unknown said...

Palju õnne kallis Pilleke!

Dagmar said...

Happy birthday Nami-Nami!!!! I'm very happy that I've met you and I hope to meet you again some day!

~~louise~~ said...

I too have enjoyed silently reading your blog and learning about Estonian food. Thank you so much. A very happy anniversary to you! I look forward to many more glorious recipes and stories...Louise

me-me the fioricet junkie said...

Happy anniversary! Your food blog is one of my faves. And this cupcake recipe is definitely going to be another hit with my family this weekend. Yummy!

Kalyn Denny said...

Happy four year blog birthday! I really hope I will get to meet you sometime. I loved your blog from the first time I read it.

Cerebrum said...

Awww, an almost grown-up! Congratulations, Pille! :)

Tiina said...

Happy 4th anniversary to nami-nami!

Jean said...

Congratulations Nami-Nami...good effort and nice blog, keep going..cheers!

Pene said...

Congratulations, Pille. If you hadn't written a post about "kama" I wouldn't have found your blog. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes.

Katie Zeller said...

Congratulations on 4 glorious years!
And great-looking muffins.

La Tartine Gourmande said...

Happy belated anniversary Nami-Nami! To many more happy years!