Monday, September 28, 2009

Fig and Goat Cheese Clafoutis



I'm still taking full advantage of the availability of good quality fresh figs at the markets at the moment. The figs are from Turkey, with dark purplish skin and beautifully pink insides. I've got no idea what's the actualy name of the specific fig variety. They're a bit too plump and round for Black Mission. Perhaps Brown Turkey?

One of the fig recipes I had bookmarked already three years ago was Melissa's Fig and Goat Cheese Clafoutis, and I was excited to finally try this at home. I can testify that it's a wonderful clafoutis recipe - the tart creamy goat cheese indeed made it taste a bit like cheesecake, it had a lovely clafoutis conistency, and it looked absolutely amazing. We enjoyed it when still slightly warm, and I think that's when the clafoutis is at its best, but it tasted also good when completely cool.

Do try it, if you've got a chance.



See here for the Estonian recipe: Viigimarjavorm kitsejuustuga.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Nämma! Meil ka just viigimarjad kodus, olin nii üllatunud, et neid nüüd värskest peast turult saab. Just kaalusin mida teha, kas klassikalist honey-poached või midagi muud aga tundub, et tuleb kitsejuustu jahile minna :)

A Bowl Of Mush said...

Beautiful looking clafouti!

laura said...

hello, thanks for posting this, I made it yesterday and it was lovely. I used sour cream and a bit less sugar/honey as my figs were super sweet. thanks!

melissa said...

Hi Pille, I'm so glad you liked the clafoutis! It's funny, though - I haven't revisited this recipe since the summer I made it. But we have those Turkish figs in Germany now too, so maybe I should!

Hope you're well!

doel's said...

nice picture, eeemmmmm.....make hungry
please visit my blog http://cheese-recipe.blogspot.com