Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pesche alla Piemontese or Baked Peaches with Amaretti biscuits



I'm baking lots of apple cakes and plum pies these days, trying to alternate the baking days with simple fruit dishes :) Two days ago I served luscious figs with goat's cheese and Jamon Serrano. Tonight the fruit was peach, and I made a classic Italian dessert, Pesche alla piemontese. You need the crispy and light Italian almond biscuits, Amaretti, for this recipe.

Pesche alla Piedmontese
(Küpsetatud virsikud Amaretti küpsistega)
Serves 4

4 large ripe peaches
100 g Amaretti almond cookies/biscuits
2 Tbsp brandy or cognac
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 egg yolk

To serve:
whipped cream with vanilla and sugar

Wash the peaches, pat dry, halve and remove the stone. Place on a oven dish, cut-size up.
Crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Drizzle cognac on top and leave to soften for a couple of minutes. Stir in the butter and egg yolk and stir until combined.
Divide the mixture between the peaches.
Bake in the middle of 180 C / 350 F oven for about 30 minutes, until the peaches are soft and the Amaretti topping is golden.
Serve warm or at room temperature, with a spoonful or two of whipped cream.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Wow this looks sooooooooo good, I'm drooling!! Now, I just have to figure out where I can find some amaretti cookies - not so easy here in my part of the U.S. I don't comment often (rarely actually), but I come here almost every other day - you really do make THE BEST and most elegant desserts, especially the simple fruit ones. My sister made ur apricot clafoutis with farmers cheese the other day and it was a huge hit!!! Thank you for all the work you put into this.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this does look good. I made this once a very long time ago. Yum!

Paz