Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Do try these at home: some dishes from other food bloggers

What would I do without you, other foodbloggers?? You are a constant source of fantastic inspiration, and here's just a snapshot of dishes I've tried lately.

David Lebovitz's fantastic Fresh Apricot Ice Cream (especially if you've got some lovely French apricots from the market). MattBites kindly provides the recipe. I had no almond extract at home, so used 2 tsp of Amaretto instead. Lovely..

David Lebovitzi aprikoosijäätis

Oh, and while you're at it - his Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream is pretty delicious as well (Dagmar has the recipe). I made it quite a few times this summer, and my Estonian friends say the recipe works with bilberries, too:

Maasika-hapukoorejäätis

Elise's Tuscan Scrambled Eggs made a great light supper, and we'll be making it again soon:

Toskaana munahüüve

I really enjoyed Patricia's Crash-Hot Potatoes (see also Wendy's version):

Krõbedad purustatud kartulid

And while we're at it, here are couple of really-really-really tasty dishes Ximena made us when we were visiting her and her husband J. in Madrid in April. First off, Ferrán Adrià´s bag-of-chips tortilla was both genius and tasty:

Ximena kartulikrõpsutortilja

Similarly, Ximena's salmorejo is so worth making with some ripe summer tomatoes:

Salmorejo - Hispaania tomatidipp

And last, but by no means least, my friend Alanna in St Louis makes a great Classic Seven-Layer Salad:


Thank you, everybody!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look like some great recipes. I want to make ice cream today... may give one of these a try!

lobstersquad said...

oh yeah, great selection. there was an interview with Ferrán Adriá on tv yesterday, made me remember the spring

Patricia Scarpin said...

Pille, I'm so glad to hear you like those potatoes - Jill Dupleix's recipes are wonderful!
And those ice cream recipes... I'll end up buying an ice cream maker, I know! :)

Jeanne said...

Ooooh, you always make me soooo jealous of your ice-cream maker when you post these lovely ice cream recipes... Fantastic! And I love the 7-layer salad - we make one eith many of our sumer BBQs :)

Valentina said...

These tuscan scrambled eggs look fabulous. I am such a fan of eggs. it is indeed a weakness of mine. Also love the ice cream recipe.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful-sounding recipes!

Paz