Friday, May 28, 2010

Old posts, new photos

Most of the dishes that make it to Nami-Nami are true favourites, not just one-off cooking experiments. The recipes I share are ones that I make regularly at home (like the rhubarb muffins below - I've made them FOUR times this month alone!). Nami-Nami will be five years in a few weeks, and during that time my picture-taking skills have improved (well, at least I'd like to think so!). While remaking old favourites, I've also been taking new photos. I've recently replaced the photos in many old posts, and here are links to just four of them. Enjoy!

Roasted peppers with cumin-scented halloumi cubes
Peppers with halloumi / Halloumi-täidisega paprikad

Chickpea (Garbanzo) and Tuna Salad
Chickpea & tuna salad / Kikerherne-tuunikalasalat

Small tuna omelettes
Tuna omelets /Tuunikalaomletikesed

The best rhubarb muffins ever
The best rhubarb muffins ever / Maailma parimad rabarberimuffinid

9 comments:

Bartender in the Desert said...

Brilliant idea! They're looking good.. Going to make those muffins this weekend :)
Thanks!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I've been meaning to start doing the same thing, updating posts with no photos or poor photos. You've inspired me to get going on that project.

RamblingTart said...

Your photos are wonderful! What an excellent idea to re-do old ones. :-) Have a beautiful weekend!

Cheeky Spouse said...

That's a great idea. I'm going through the same thing myself. Often I've ended up taking a hasty photo just before I put the dish on the table, so the lighting is not always very good. Now I've invested in some photographic equipment that will hopefully make things look a lot better.

Your new photos look smashing, you should be very pleased with yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pille I love your pictures :O) what kind of camera do you use? Also I was looking through your photos on flikr and I came across a picture of some kind of pastry stuffed with mashed potatoes. I was trying to locate the recipe on your blog but have not found it yet. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance and I look forward to trying some more of your recipes :O)

Chris said...

We were chatting about this very thing while redesigning my blog. The pics from the really years were not only horrible, but they were taken with my cell phone! From cell to Canon....LOL Love the pics here...especially the chickpea salad....it's calling to me!

K said...

I made those rhubarb muffins yesterday. In addition to cinnamon I added some masala chai mixture that I bought from India. Tasted deliciously and a bit gingerbready. :)

Thank you, Pille, for your everlasting inspiration!

Attila said...

I have made those rhubarb muffins and also some with kama for my wifes birthday! She loves them! They were delicious! Aitäh for the excellent ideas! Have a nice day!

www.craigslist.com said...

Nice blog of food