Tuesday, October 04, 2005
I am back in Edinburgh after 10 days in Mexico. Still slightly jetlagged, granted, but I am happy to report that I had a wonderful holiday. I stayed with my friends Ada & Mauricio and their adorable children Fernanda & Pablo (thank you so much!!!), who showed me around Mexico City, Taxco, Tepostlan, and Guernavaca and generally took extremely good care of me. I enjoyed every minute of my trip (apart from the long-haul flights, that is...)
The only downside to the trip was that at a true telenovela fashion, the bride called off the 650-person wedding just 2 days before it was supposed to take place, the upset groom fled Ciudad de Mexico with his family to lick his wounds, and we ended up going to just a nice no-wedding dinner with friends instead.. Oh well, there will be another Mexican wedding to attend in the future, hopefully...
Most importantly, I ate well during my trip. It will take a few days before I sort out my photos and start posting again, but here's a glimpse of things to come.
* My first ever hacienda lunch
* Ingredient spotlight: huitlacoche
* Fruit-shopping in Tepostlan and below my window
* OTT Mexican lunch experience
* Classy Mexican lunch at Villa Maria, Jerónimo
* Floating lunch in Xochilmilco
* Eating the national colours
* Mexican marketing tricks or how to make sure a customer will say Yes
* Mexican hot chocolate
* Another hacienda meal
* The no-wedding dinner
Some of them I will just mention in my future posts, some of them I will write about more in my "Eating Mexican" series. Hope you will be back reading!